FBCFO exists to honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups (See Matthew 28:18-20).
The mission of our church is to be a spiritual family sharing Jesus Christ with our community and the world.
We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
- Gathering from North Georgia and beyond for the sake of the good news that Jesus saves.
- Growing as believers through the Scripture to love God and love our neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
- Going as the commissioned out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
This church shall strive to be a dynamic, spiritual fellowship empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community and throughout the world.
To sustain a worshipping fellowship, experiencing the presence of God and responding in obedience to His leadership.
To experience an increasingly open fellowship with God and with fellow believers.
To help people experience a growing knowledge of God and mankind.
To minister unselfishly to persons in the community and the world in the name of Christ.
To strive to be Christlike in our daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality and possessions to Him.
Our Core Values:
(What is most important to us)
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Leading lost people to Christ
- Spiritual Maturity: developing people to become Christ-like
- Equipping believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
(How we do ministry)
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Authenticity: being real and genuine, living without hypocrisy, casualness with reverence
- Life Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
Here is a copy of our church constitution
If you would like to know more about the history of FBCFO, CLICK HERE to read a brief sketch.